It is with deep sadness that we announce that Sibilla Barbieri, 58 years old actress and director, and one of the most active members of EUMANS died on the 30th of October 2023.
Beside being a transnational activist for democracy and a co-creator of Eumans as a paneuropean movement of popular and nonviolent initiative Sibilla had been a cancer patient for 10 years, and did everything she could to access assisted suicide in Italy as per the Constitutional Court ruling.
She was accompanied to Switzerland by Marco Perduca, former Italian Senator, and Vittorio Parpaglioni Barbieri, her son. They both self-reported alongside with Marco Cappato to the Italian Police in a civil disobedience action part of the initiative for the legalisation of the right to die in Italy, an initiative that is also supported by Eumans in the European Union through the output of the self-organised Transnational European Assembly on end of life decisions.
Read the news about the action carried on by Sibilla Barbieri after being denied assisted suicide in Italy - Ansa English
This is the last video by Sibilla Barbieri:
Some of the interventions by Sibilla Barbieri during the EUMANS Meetings
- Eumans Members Assembly - 19th July 2023 - watch
- Eumans Members Assembly - 27th September 2022 - watch
- Initiative for digital democracy Lista Referendum e Democrazia - 25th August 2022 - watch
- Initiative for digital democracy Lista Referendum e Democrazia - 9th August 2022 - watch
- Eumans Members Assembly - 28th June 2022 - watch
- Tips to the Eumans Board after the Congress in Warsaw - 28th April 2022 - watch
- Building a Sustainable Peace - 14th April 2022 - watch
- Increase the reach of the Eukraine Now initiative - 7th April 2022 - watch
- What after the Eumans Congress in Warsaw - 17th March 2022 - watch
- Intervention during the Eumans Congress in Warsaw - Open Congress for Sustainable Peace, Freedom and Democracy - 12th March 2022 - watch
- Quale Statuto per un movimento europeo di iniziativa popolare - 24th February 2022 - watch 1st intervention - watch 2nd intervention - watch 3rd intervention
- Democracy denied in Italy and in the European framework - 17th February 2023 - watch
- Partecipation to the Eumans Congress in Warsaw - preparatory meeting - 3rd february 2023 - watch
- Political goals of the Eumans Congress in Warsaw - 27th January 2022 - watch
- Un testamento biologico europeo - 13th January 2022 - watch
- Eumans members Assembly - 16th December 2021 - watch
- Towards the Eumans Congress in Warsaw - november 2021 - watch
- What can be the output of the Eumans Congress in Warsaw - october 2021 - watch
- Eumans Assembly - September 2021 - watch
Words about Sibilla Barbieri
Beautiful and kind soul, your thought was always thorough and clean.
Every time you spoke I could see you shining, with your bright eyes, and your smiling heart.
Keep on shining, marvelous creature. (Paola Stringa)
Send your words about Sibilla Barbieri to firstname.lastname@example.org
The podcast by the Italian journalist Valentina Petrini
*This page had been curated by Virginia Fiume, Miriam Turrini, Serena Uberti e Paola Stringa